Friday, July 27, 2012

Just Breath


What is something that takes your breath away and leaves you in awe of God? Maybe your new born baby, or the pure laughter of children? Maybe that great cup of hot tea you just steeped? Gardening? Walking? Running? Your pets?


For me its always been nature and creation. The lush green leaves, the fragrances of flowers drifting thought the air, the bird's song and even just the beauty of the birds. Rushing rivers, fluffy white clouds drifting in the bright blue sky and all this is heightened for me after the rain when everything has that clear freshness to it. Psalms 19:1 says “The heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of his hands.”

The vast beauty of creation is God's handiwork and it brings me to complete and utter awe of God. My soul quiets . . . Ps. 46:10 says, "Be still and know I am God" my spirit, and my whole being, knows and see’s God clearly.


What is that thing in your daily life that sparks that aweness, that joy and you see or feel God in that special moment and special way?

Has that same closeness to God during those special moments slowly become forgotten or lost in the busyness of life for you? My soul sings in those moments, but honesty those moments I had seen so regularly before are happening less and less. Why? I believe I am thinking and worrying and dwelling on "life's troubles" more and more instead of "trusting in the Lord with all my heart" Prov 3:5.


In my own life I am drawn back to the basics and trusting in God to care for my needs. Just breathing, opening up my senses and enjoying those moments in creation to breath God in. One of the ways I feel like God is showing me himself is that small baby bunny hopping in the yard; the big, bright moon; the crisp, winter morning with frost clinging to everything; the sunsets and sunrises. I enjoy the awe and wonder of it all.


I am reminded in nature and in the stillness that God is right here among all of us. IS there that one thing that brings you into awe of God? What is it? Have you been aware of it lately?

Sarah J.
Sarah is an early childhood educator and is involved in her church's youth group "Thrive". She is also on the missions committee in her church.

No comments:

Post a Comment