Monday, July 9, 2012

Transformation


Rom. 12:2 says ". . . be transformed . . ."

Recently, I have found myself challenged with the word transformed. What does it look like for someone to be transformed? Will I really know if they are transformed? Does one look and behave differently if they are transformed? Should they?

As believers, the bible is clear that we are to be transformed, changed, different . . . noticeably different. It doesn't take long for us to realize that neither we, nor anyone else, will be transformed and become perfect overnight. However, when we are transformed by Jesus there has to be something noticeable or different for others to see what Jesus has done in our life. Sometimes very obvious external things are quickly transformed - our language, our drug addiction, our temperament. But as many of us know, there are many areas in our lives which we need to constantly and diligently bring to the foot of the cross asking Jesus to help us behave like Him, to make healthy, wise choices and to intentionally live like Jesus.

As my thoughts have travelled down this road I look around at people I have known for many years - what do I see changed in them? Then I wonder if others can see God's hand of transformation in my life? If not, then why?

I am finding myself praying for the Lord to continue to transform me - noticeably transform me. And as I pray for others (believers or not) I am praying for them to have a radical, transforming encounter with the King of Kings and Lord of Lord.

I am convinced our world needs Godly men and women who have personally encountered God in a life-changing, transformational way.

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Cor. 3:18"

Come Lord Jesus!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment