Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Walking It Out


I've spent quite a bit of time at our church camp this summer; family camps, kids camp, youth camp, etc. At this stage of the summer season I am challenged with what I am, personally, going to do with all that I've heard and learned from our many speakers. I am especially challenged with those personal areas God has spoken to me about.

It's relatively easy to sit in a padded, orange chair in the tabernacle of our church camp and say "Amen" to being more patient with the drivers around me, and agreeing to live as a "Sent One"; just like Jesus sent the disciples out in Mark 6:6-13. Verse 7 "Calling the Twelve to him, he sent them out two by two and gave them authority over evil spirits." Earlier this summer it seemed like a good idea to be in agreement to memorize chapters of God's word. And this question, what am I teaching others as they watch me walk with Jesus has left me wondering, what Jesus do they see as others watch me in my day to day activities?

Some aspects of this is still so fresh in my mind and others are just a memory of "the feeling". Feelings fade and diminish over time, especially when there are so many other things to fill my mind and my thoughts. However, God's words are powerful to us when He speaks, AND His words are powerful to us when we read it. I've also learned that whether I remember the feeling or not, my mind remembers God's word and I need to walk in it.

Many times this summer we sang the song "How He Loves Us". Reading the words to the song again remind me of God's truth that I long to have well engrained in my mind and my heart so I can represent Jesus well as I go about my daily activities.

"How He Loves Us So
O How He Loves Us
How He Loves Us So..."


Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment