Friday, March 15, 2013

Facing a Wall in Your Life?

As I'm walking along in life, sometimes I come across a blockade. I may have thought that the road went on forever, but instead, a wall pops up (ie: sin, debt, illness etc.). Sometimes, it's a surprise; but more often than not, I've had warning and not wanted to deal with the issues surrounding it.

“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.”  Romans 8:28

It's hard to appreciate in the heat of the situation isn't it? The idea that our pain could work for a greater good just does not make it any easier to bear. So there I am, thrown to my knees once more, begging for forgiveness, praying for restoration and then...waiting.

That's when I reach out and re-read for Isaiah 55:8-9:
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts says the LORD, and my ways are far beyond anything you can imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.”

It's so important we remind ourselves of what God thinks of us (the only thing that matters) and the process by which He promises to restore us (the only way that really works). It's easy (and encouraging) to read blogs and listen to sermons (interpretation of scripture and its messages) – however, there's no substitute for digging into the WORD of LIFE for ourselves. I hope and pray that each of you seeks His heart in His Word daily to help arm yourself against the battles of every day. There you will find joy and rest and lessons that will teach your soul. Have you heard from God directly lately?

The book of Isaiah also reminds us that He is the potter, we the clay, the work of his hands. Yes, being molded can be painful – but the beauty of any object restored is art. How much greater the beauty of a life redeemed and restored for His purposes.

That reminds me...Peter and John knew that the power to heal came from the Holy Spirit, when they encountered the crippled man. What reason did that man have to believe that he would be healed of his affliction? When he grabbed the strength of Peter's grip helping him up – he surely felt the confidence of his faith. Imagine how he must have jumped up and down in celebration after a lifetime of atrophy. Imagine the look on the faces of others watching the whole scene of faith unfold.

Rise up, my friend! Those walls are there – but so too are the miracles of our God – even in the modern day. So what are you hoping for? Grab a handful of faith and continue living changed.

Press in and press on,
Giselle L.

No comments:

Post a Comment