Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Plans

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jer. 29:11-13

I recently read this verse and I was reminded of the omniscience of God. He is all-knowing. God knows my future and He also knows my past – likely better than I do. . . considering some days my memory is failing and God's memory is not!

I am reminded that when I seek God with all my heart He will be found. This isn't a hide and seek game with God. God is not some distant being who may or may not care for us, His creation, depending on how he's feeling that day. No, our God is our loving Creator who has a plan and purpose for each of our lives. Some people grow up understanding and living with this foundational verse already established in their hearts, but there are many people who wrestle with who they are, who God created them to be and how they are to get there.

Let me suggest if you come from a difficult past this is one of those verses we should memorize to remind us that God has a plan and purpose for our lives. It also reminds us that our God is approachable and available. If you come from a great home life then perhaps this is one of those verses you need to memorize so you can speak it's truth into the lives of others. Either way we need to "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deut. 11:18 &19

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment