Monday, October 31, 2011

Seek FIRST Him*

This season of my life I am finding that there is much acceleration going on. My Mom always said when I was a child, "With Mary when it rains it pours." Its like everything happens within a very short amount of time and then there’s like a time of settlement for a bit....then it comes all over again. Maybe you're the same way and you know exactly what I mean. This season I am seeing exciting growth in my relationship with Christ and Him forming His character in ways I have not ever experienced. The relationships in my life are growing...needing more attention, but there is so much fruit. In my Interior Decorating Company, "forty one: style. decor. design" God is opening doors and expanding me in ways I wasn’t expecting! I’m busy and excited about the ministries I am honoured to be apart of, I’m dating the man of my dreams...everything important is progressing and seems like at full tilt.
The last while I have felt like I was on a never ending hike! Getting somewhere...maybe even beautiful places...but just not being able to stop and rest..and actually just stop and enjoy where I am on my journey in life.
In my daily time with the Lord I am being challenged....to OBEY the WORD. Period. I felt with life, even though I am in a wonderful season...I was so overwhelmed at times by everything demanding my attention...that the "good things, have been fighting for the "best things" when the only "best part of my life should be Jesus Christ." Matthew 6.33-34: "But seek FIRST the KINGDOM and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself."
Seek FIRST the Kingdom. Seek FIRST the Kingdom. Seek FIRST the Kingdom. The more I read God's Word and the more I obey what it says, through Holy Spirit’s power in me the more I life fully. I’m at peace and in true joy in my heart, my life takes on the priorities that are on God’s heart. Immersing myself in Christ every day, making HIM the priority and then daily taking (sometimes painful) steps to be obedient to what the Word says: The more I take time to listen, read and obey, the more I become and the more I get to experience!
So right now in this season of acceleration I am learning to SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM. Not to seek first the worry and stress of life, not to seek first how I can be the best decorator in the world, not even to seek first to be a good person. NO. Seek FIRST the KINGDOM...and you will see more than you ever have before*

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment