Friday, January 20, 2012

Guest Post by Glenda

Behold What Manner….

I have been pondering a question that I was recently asked. An acquaintance asked me what “method” I used for my prayer life. This question puzzled me and another question came to my mind: Why would I need a “method” to pray to my heavenly Daddy who I LOVE to have intimate communication with? As busy women we know that freedom, wholeness and success can only be found when we live a praying life, but too often we get caught up in the idea that we need to carve out a lot of extra time to follow a “method”. When we focus on the method rather than on our Father we miss the mark.

The Bible says “I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty” (2 Cor. 6:18). Children who know they are loved by their father act differently than those who doubt that they are loved or know that their father doesn’t care for them. When Jesus’ disciples asked Him to teach them how to pray He said “Your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. In this manner, therefore, pray, ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.” (Matt. 6:8–9).  Jesus so perfectly modeled intimate communication with His Father who is also OUR Father.

God is crazy about us! He loves us unconditionally and He will never leave us nor forsake us (Joshua 1:5). He knows what we need better than we do (Matt. 6:8). And He loves to give good things to His children who love Him, seek after Him and ask of Him (Matt. 7:7).

When I came to revelation of my Father’s love, it totally changed my prayer life. I have found that in my weakness, I can come in boldness and confidence to His throne of mercy because He forgives me. I can whisper my concerns to Him and rest, knowing He’s taken care of them. And I can trust Him with my dreams and desires because He gave them to me in the first place. There is great freedom in my prayer life these days.  And there can be in yours as well. No need for "methods" or 25 hour days! 

“Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!” 1 John 3:1

Glenda is married and actively involved in her local church. She has a heart and passion to help others. She is also the Manitoba/Northwestern Ontario District Prayer Coordinator PAOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment