Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Putting It Into Action

I don't know if you are like me, but sometimes putting a great idea into action just doesn't seem to happen all the time. Great intentions but no results. I've been somewhat challenged lately to begin to put into action the things God is stirring. Actually, I've also been challenged to put into action my thoughts about eating healthier and exercising more as well - but that is for another time... or is it?!

Anyway, I know of a family who a number of months ago gave themselves a challenge during their family vacation to do at least one random act of kindness each day for someone they didn't know. Once they got home they continued to find ways to actively show others they cared. Perhaps you need to be challenged in 2012 to daily, weekly or monthly do a random act of kindness for someone else. Shovel their driveway, mow their grass, pick up a few extra items for the food bank, send an email to a friend you haven't heard from in a while, etc. How can we actively show others that Jesus really loves them?

For those of you who are goal orientated this might be the check list of ideas you can use to begin to show others how much Jesus loves them. Maybe you need to make a phone call and begin the ball rolling for an idea God has planted in your heart. Perhaps you need to organize and/or host a bible study, or a baby shower for a Crisis Pregnancy Centre, or a personal shower for a women's shelter, or a kitchen shower for a community centre. Maybe we need to volunteer or make intentional purchases for the food bank.

I find myself asking the question how am I going to put this into action?

I've been treasuring and savouring many great ideas which I believe the Lord has planted in my heart, but lately I've been challenged that the idea is only an idea unless I put it into practice. I wonder how many people reading this need to roll up their sleeves and get involved. Maybe you're supposed to run something, or maybe you're supposed to play a supporting roll and be another set of hands, or perhaps you're to be the prayer warrior at the back of the room praying for open hearts as God is moving.

Don't wait for someone else. God want's to use you. He's looking for your willingness. He'll use those who are willing.

Remember what Phil 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Jo-Ann

And by the way... I wonder how many of us need to make a conscious choice to park a little further from the doors to the store and refrain from walking down the chip isle at our local grocery store. Just wondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment