Friday, November 9, 2012

Who do You Say I Am??


As I prepared for the PAOC WOMEN’s Retreat in October, I had a million thoughts race through my head. A million lies whisper in my ear and a million more questions come to mind. 

Why would they ask You? LIE

What if you make mistakes? MADE LOTS OF THEM, SO WHAT?

You’re not good enough to even be up there. REALLY? THAT’S ALL YOU’VE GOT??

Who do you think you are? SERIOUS – Hmmm, good question!

These questions got me thinking:
  1. I need to take every thought captive – CHECK!!
  2. Who DO I think I am? Hmmmm…
Was I good enough of a musician, singer, worshiper?

Was I capable of leading this group of incredibly gifted, talented and anointed women into the throne room of God? (Take. Every. Thought. Captive.)

And then came a deep whisper in my soul, “Who do I say you are?”

In that moment everything else was silenced, I could finally hear clearly. As I sat in the weighty presence of the God of the Universe I quietly turned my ear toward His voice. I sat. I listened. I smiled. I breathed deeply. And I knew, OH HOW I KNEW HIS TRUTH!

I am the Daughter of the King. 1 John 3:2
I am an Overcomer.1 John 5:4
I am a Co-Heir with Christ. (Ya, you heard that right, WITH CHRIST!!!) Galatians 4:7
I am Sanctified. Hebrews 2:11
I am Free. John 8:36
I am Blessed. Ephesians 1:3

And so, I sing because sometimes, no, ALL the time MY words are never quite enough to describe what my heart feels. I praise because there are no other ways to accurately embody what it means to stand in the All Knowing, All Seeing, All Being presence of the Holy One. And so, this Mother, this Wife, this Daughter of the King who is an Overcomer and a Co-Heir, is sanctified, free, blessed and a MILLION other incredible things that HE says I am, will stand tall and courageous. I will “Bind these things continually upon my heart, tie them around my neck. And when I roam, they will lead me; when I sleep, they will keep me and when I awake they will speak to me” Prov 6:21-22 (Changed you to I). And I will remember WHO I am, WHOSE I am and walk in the Authority that He has given me. JUST ‘CAUSE HE SAYS I CAN!!!

Who does He say YOU are?

Tara W.

No comments:

Post a Comment