Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Day At The Beach

We have had a lot of things happen in our family this summer. I don't know if you have a favourite way to relax, but for myself and our family we relax best with a book and a beach. Recently we had the opportunity to spend some time at the beach.


I love having my senses touched by the beauty of nature.


The powdery, white, warm sand running through my fingers.


The cool, refreshing waves splashing over our feet.


The laughter and enjoyment as we played in the water.



 The power of the water as the waves continued to crash into the shoreline.


The peacefulness of the endless, blue sky sinking into the lake.


Then admiring the beginning of another day coming to a close
and the reflection of the sun on the lake.

  

As I sat at the beach that day feeling the release of tension I was reminded of this verse from Matthew 11:27. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." and this verse from Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."

I the midst of all that we encounter in our day to day lives let me remind and encourage you to take time to rest, relax and appreciate the world God created.

Jo-Ann
All pictures courtesy of Grand Beach, Manitoba.

No comments:

Post a Comment