Monday, December 10, 2012

Describing Jesus


Isaiah 9:6 says, "For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called 
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." NIV

Many years ago I was at a Christmas cantata and this scripture was put into song. I can still hear the soprano part "...Wonderful! ....Counselor! ...Mighty God! ...Everlasting Father! ...Prince of Peace!"

I have read and thought about this scripture many times in the past few weeks. I've read it numerous times from many different versions of the Bible. It is a familiar verse for me, maybe too familiar if I don't stop myself from skimming over these powerful words of comfort, reassurance and authority from our Heavenly Father.

Have you paused and considered the descriptive words of the child Isaiah refers to - Jesus? They describe our Saviour... Immanuel ~ God With Us.

Wonderful

Counselor

Mighty God

Everlasting Father

Prince of Peace

I hope and pray during this Christmas season the words describing Jesus will come to life and be your comfort during your sorrows and stressors of the season, your reassurance in the midst of each day and Shalom ~ peace which passes all understanding.

"For a Child hath been born to us, A Son hath been given to us, And the princely power is on his shoulder, And He doth call his name Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 Young's Literal Translation

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment