Monday, December 31, 2012

The Beginning and The End

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." Revelation 22:13

For some today is the final day of another year where they will stay up past their bedtimes, eat too many treats, laugh with friends and family, celebrate the old and anticipate the new. For others it's just another day to crawl into bed at their specified bedtime to wake up to the usual routine of coffee, toast and the news.

I always find it interesting to hear how different people acknowledge and bring in the new year.

In the midst of this final day of 2012, I am reminded of the above verse - "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." 

I don't know if 2012 has good memories for you, if it was a year of loss and grieving significant individuals, or if like me, it was a year of both. My heart is encouraged as I reread verses like this and I am reminded that whatever has been and whatever is coming up is never too big for the Lord! There is no question in my mind He is there in the midst of it with me. I know this because we have history together. We've walked through many valleys and over many hills. I've been to the mountaintop rejoicing over God's calling and intervention in the lives of young people. But I've also struggled through the valleys as I try to make sense of the senseless - or at least in my finite way of thinking it appears senseless. As Jesus has been in the midst of every situation, I know He will continue to be with me as we step into another day, another month and another year.

Perhaps it's a good perspective on this December 31st and a great reminder for tomorrow's January 1st that Jesus is both the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last, and He always will be the Alpha and the Omega.

Happy New Year to you and your families! May 2013 be a year where you grow deeper in the Lord, cling tighter to Jesus and step out as Father God opens doors for you.

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment