Friday, January 25, 2013

Spending Time, Spending Money


A crisp New Year, like crisp new money.

How will I spend it?

Frivolously....... Giving no regard to where my time, talents or money is spent?

Will I be miserly and spend this year hoarding for my needs and wants?

Will I be a good steward of this new year and spend my time, energy and money seeking God's kingdom and His righteousness?

Will I spend my time and emotional energy in bitterness toward others or will I practice forgiveness as God grants me the grace to do so?

Will I complain about my lot in life or accept; come what may, from my Heavenly Father's hand?

Will I be quick to judge what I don't like or do not understand rather than wait to discover how God wants me to respond?

Will I be inconsiderate and think of only my feelings or put the feelings of others ahead of my own?

Will I be unkind to those around me or will I take every opportunity to comfort, to encourage and lighten a load for those with whom I travel this road?

Will I boast about my work and all the wonderful things I might do or will I do my best whether there is anyone to see it or not?

Will I live this year in service to my God and King, not seeking riches but His Kingdom?

Will I empty myself for Jesus Christ and not try to fulfill my needs and wants with idols made by this present world?

WILL I?

"And he who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life shall lose it, and he who loses his life, for my sake, will find it."  Matthew 10:38,39 (NKJV)

Kristina A.

No comments:

Post a Comment