Friday, January 4, 2013

Wrestling, Memorizing and God's Truth


I have been wrestling lately… not the amateur nor the professional kind, but the spiritual kind of wrestling.

Sometimes I wrestle with feeling fearful.

Sometimes I wrestle with feeling inadequate.

Sometimes I wrestle with shifting scripture from my head to my heart.

I was online the other day and I saw this link to Beth Moore and the Living Proof Ministries Blog from September 15, 2012.  http://blog.lproof.org/2012/09/as-promised-the-great-forsake-and-take.html

It spoke abundantly to me!

I admire and appreciate this woman of God. Her bible studies have a depth and breadth which have spoken to many around the world. (If you haven't done one of her studies, let me encourage you to invest your time and do at least one this year.)

…Back to my wrestling thoughts. Have you ever read a scripture and agreed with it... at least in theory, but when it comes to stepping from your home and into the real world it becomes a whole different thing to live out? 

How can I shift scripture from something I think about in my head to something I truly believe in the depths of my heart?

I am so thankful when we wrestle with God in the hard places in life and He is always there with an answer. I have printed out the “The Great Forsake and Take" and I have begun to memorize these bible verses. (Scroll part way down the above link and click on 'The Great Forsake and Take' to be able to see and print out the scriptures.) My memory has never been great at this kind of thing, but I am determined to try to root these verses into the recesses of my mind for future reference. Would you be willing to take this challenge as well? Would you be willing to try to memorize God's truth?

Hebrews 4:12 says, “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”

Let’s begin this new year adding scripture to our resources to tap into at any given time, on any given day, to remind ourselves we are daughters of the King; and we are loved and treasured beyond our imagination.

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment