Friday, February 11, 2011

Take 5 minutes

Its been another full week, lots of things going on and happening. Sometimes I can honestly say I feel like I am watching parts of my life fly by. In the middle of the business it can be easy to get distracted and yes, discouraged. I don't know about you, but I find that the last few months of winter can be challenging to get through sometimes. I want to encourage you today as you're probably somewhat like me, coming off of a busy week and headed into a busy weekend.....take a few moments, besides your daily time with Jesus and breathe in the truth of His words. Even just for 5 minutes. Read a scripture from Isaiah. It is so packed full of God's encouragement and promises of who HE IS in YOUR LIFE:
Isaiah 41.13 "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."
Isaiah 43.1 "...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."
Isaiah 46. 3 "....you whom I have upheld since you were conceived., and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and grey hairs I am He, I am the One who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

Again to be reminded how much you and  I are valued, how we matter and are so DEEPLY loved by God. I pray that in this season of love, you would have such a new revelation of the Love our God has for YOU. He has not forgotten you (He knows you by name),  He has not let go of your hand when the rubber is meeting the road. He desires and longs to be the One to rescue your heart in the middle of what is going on around you. Through this He gives us opportunity to also be there for one another, in the easier seasons and in the super tough ones.

Like I mentioned, winter can bring alot of things and discouragement can be one of them. I find when I do simple things within my home to add more life to my space it makes a huge difference. I'm not talking about a full scale reno....a bouquet of fresh flowers from Superstore (or your local food market) will do the trick. Possibly you know someone who is a little discouraged these days, dropping off some fresh flowers is a great way to say you matter and you're not alone.

Friend, I pray that today you would again have a new revelation of the depth of God's love for you and through your own encouragement others will be changed*

Have a great weekend!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment