Monday, August 29, 2011

Desperation


Have you ever watched the news, read the paper or looked at the weather channel and felt overwhelmed? The definition for the word desperate is “overwhelmed with urgency and anxiety, to the point of losing hope”. That sounds like a pretty accurate definition for the dire circumstances we often hear about.
                
Have you ever been there? Feeling so desperate you don’t know which way to turn and you can barely cope with what’s happening around you. Have you ever felt out of control with no hope?

When we find ourselves in desperate situations we may say or do things we would never consider in other circumstances.  (Let me just say we need to be careful how we judge other people’s choices… especially when we don’t know or understand their desperation.) The lengths to which an addict will go to in order to get a fix, or the teenage girl to feel loved, or the guy to cover his insecurities or the family to receive money to buy food is often beyond our understanding.

My heart is grieved when I see the choices people make out of their desperation. I pray the answer to our overwhelming circumstances would be Jesus. Grab hold of His hand and hold on! I pray during our times of feeling at the end of our rope we would run into the arms of our Heavenly Father so we can let Him resolve it, be the miracle, be our Saviour.

I Pet. 5:7 says, “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

For those have felt or currently are feeling like life is overwhelming and weighing you down let me remind you our Heavenly Father cares deeply for each and every situation you find yourself in and is waiting for you to come to Him. Mt. 11:28-30 says, “Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” 

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment