Monday, September 26, 2011

Answered Prayer

This last week I was reminded once again of the power of God and how we don't understand exactly how He works, but in praying according to His will we trust Him and know He knows what He s doing...even if we don't fully understand. 
I took my car to the shop...it had been not too well for a few weeks, but like the saver I am I decided to try to hold off the expense until I could not. After I witnessed people in the other cars around me at a red light look like they were being gassed by the fumes coming off of my "exhustcavitybreakdownsomewhereinside" I decided that holding off probably wasn't such a great idea. This whole time Stephen and I had been praying about the issue. My mechanic had told me it sounded like (something I just mentioned above) and also told me that it looked like it would be at least a $1,500.00 repaire! Not a nice thing to hear. The last night that we prayed about it Stephen prayed..."Lord you know what you're doing but please make it so that the bill is under $200.00." Even though I love how he prays specifically...don't get me wrong.....but inside my heart I said "ok, I don't think you understand how serious this is......" I agreed with him, but I admit I completely doubted it would happen.
The next day when my mechanic called, I braced myself for the news.....Including labour and parts: $155.00.....ahhh, yes it has been a week of learning for Mary. What we see and God’s reality have such a width....yet after all these years of knowing God and seeing His hand in my life, I still feel the need to put trust in the physical reality. It is always essential to continue to ask God for what you desire Him to do. Even though it may not always happen the way you want it to.
This week also a friend of mine, her best friends Mom suddenly passed away (leaving a young family with several children in their early 20's) A woman who loved Jesus deeply. Prayers were prayed in every way for God's power to overtake her body and bring her back to life, yet it did not happen. (Please pray for them).
I cannot imagine the depth of pain, sorrow and faith wrestling that comes from experiencing something of that level.
God has been teaching me fresh again, to keep asking Him for the desires on my heart and the faith to trust Him for the answer....but to also submit my heart to Himself and even if instead you walk through fire (whatever that looks like for you) that He is with you. The second part of that learning is how those all around us also experience these answers and how we can support those others in our lives praying specifically. Like Stephen did for me...he prayed in agreement with me for what I was desiring (even praying more specifically that I was).
With prayers that are desperate to be answered the way we desire them to be answered, yet are not...being there, loving, supporting, being a physical encouragement of that painful journey that those close to us are walking.
I hope that you today are encouraged in your faith and you continue to keep asking God to increase your faith as you pray for things that are on your heart and in your life. Know you are loved and supported and that we continue to pray for you*

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment