Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Focus

Ps. 63:7-8 says, “Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.”

Has there ever been a time or season in your life where you have felt like you are “in the shadow of God's wings”? And your soul is clinging to your Heavenly Father while He upholds you?

For me the answer is yes! I can think back to many times as a child and as an adult where I have felt God's protection around me. It seems His protection is most strongly felt during the challenging and difficult seasons in life. Sometimes I wonder why I don't feel God's presence the same way during the light-hearted fun times in life. However, I know God is always with me, so why do I only recognize Him when I am struggling?

I think it has something to do with my focus.

Heb. 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”

So if God doesn't change, then it must be me. Today my challenge is keeping my heart and mind focused on the Lord always, whether I'm walking on a hill or through a valley.

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment