Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sticks and stones may break my bones...

It is not easy to confront others about sin.  I found myself on my knees again this week.  Several weeks ago I spoke privately with someone about an issue regarding a mutual friend.  I called this person on words spoken and the deception that followed those words for quite some time.  I prayed before, during and after the situation for the words to say and my heart to be safe; and now this person has chosen to shut me out.  Truth hurts both parties. 

However, iron sharpens iron and I care(d) about this person and the parties involved enough to speak up knowing it might alienate me - but might just facilitate change.  I wonder if that's how Jesus felt as He shared His parables, stories of truth to encourage right living?

 Am I without sin?  No!  Chasing holiness?  Yes!  Are we called to admonish one another?


And concerning you, my brethren, I myself also am convinced that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, and able to admonish one another (Romans 15:14).


There is no greater sign of love than to face rejection and broken relationships with others. Though this person may have difficulty acknowledging it at this moment, I believe deep down s/he knows, really knows that and one day, we can talk more freely again.  I pray the waiting time is short.  In the meantime, you will find me chasing the straight and narrow path.

Press in and press on,
Giselle

P.S.  Don't forget to register for our Heart's Cry Retreat happening at Elkhorn Resort in a few short weeks. We'd love to have you join us.  Early bird registration discounts are available until September 23.  More details can be found here: http://www.paoc.net/hearts-cry-retreat  Join us and go deeper in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment