Friday, March 16, 2012

My Name is Mercy


My name is Mercy; some call me Grace
I take pleasure in extending favour to those who could never earn it
I am God’s undeserved gift
And I accept no repayments
I set people free, though freedom can seem risky
Some take advantage of me, but that does not diminish my importance
I am the hand of Jesus reaching out to heal
I am love that stoops down
I connect heaven to earth
I am not legality, nor am I licence; I am the just-right in-between
To judge does not occur to me
I provide chances to grow
I trust, and give room for maturity to bloom
I am entitled by no one, yet offered to all
I am an heirloom, passed down for generations
My high cost came at Christ’s expense
Where there is repentance, I come running
Where there is confession, I am right there
I never give up, but offer myself again and again
I am a picture of the love of the Father
I coexist with compassion, and am keen to help
When you cry for me, the Lord answers
When you turn to the Lord, I will meet you
I permit loyalty despite unfaithfulness
I provide refuge, no questions asked
In time of need, I am dispatched from God’s throne
The Almighty delights in putting me on display
I triumph over judgement
I empower people to do great things
I build up, and freely pardon
Through me, the Father gives encouragement and hope
In me, you will find strength
My name is Mercy; some call me Grace
And I am enough

...My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness...” 2 Corinthians 12:9

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16

Chantelle
Chantelle is married to her pastor husband, Matt. She is actively involved in her local church with youth, music and kid's ministry all while she is finishing her Education degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment