Thursday, June 28, 2012

With Arms Wide Open...


I am often captivated at images of women standing with their arms raised high, stretched out wide in praise. I find it to be such an image of strength found in acknowledging the One who gave it all so that we might live. Further, it’s an image of release. A visual encouragement, a reminder to live that full life: with arms wide open, hope and gratitude in our hearts and an expression of contentment across our face that only comes from truth – freedom.

When’s the last time you stood up and stretched – embracing God with your arms up and out, head held high and lips speaking/singing praise? I hope it was recently – but if it wasn’t, can I encourage you to embrace this nudge to do just that. Our outward expressions reflect our inward grace. Life doesn’t have to be ideal to celebrate it. Even for those who are the most timid – your Father sees you and your heart – go on – be radical, stand up – sing – dance – rejoice in all He has granted you and what is yet to come. You matter. He wants to multiply your gifts. Will you share them? Be faithful wherever God has put you. Join me in the prayer of Jabez, and let’s see what God will do:

"Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request."
1 Chronicles 4:9-11

I’m believing for the request close to your heart today.

Press in and press on,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment