Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Love. Serve. More.

Recently, with the new addition of a grandbaby to the family, I have delighted in hearing my daughter marvel at how she, "Feels truly blessed to be a mom to 2 wonderful children and is amazed by how much your heart grows to love another blessing!!"

I've been thinking about that in light of our Church - globally, not just in our community. :-)

My precious granddaughter's very security and life are completely vested in her mother's service to her.    Are our hearts as Christians, ready to serve our community with this same kind of devotion? 

We need little, but have so much to offer others - security for an eternity, love and grace.

During my personal blog readings, I was reminded that it was the self-sacrificing love for others that grew the Church during the Roman empire, not the extent of their ambition nor the strength of their social network. 

So, why do you do what you do?  Where is your focus?  Is it so that, " In the same way, (you can) let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. "?  (Matthew 5:16)

What if we renewed our commitment to service?  Service done in love?  Love for our brothers and sisters, saved and not yet saved?

I too, stand amazed at how much my heart continues to grow with love and compassion and in putting my self in His service, am pleased to say, I have seen and felt the fullness of God.  I pray the same for all of you.

Press in and press on!
Giselle

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,  may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.   (Ephesians 3:17-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment