Monday, April 11, 2011

Trusting and a busy weekend

I had an opportunity this past weekend to put into practice the following verse. Proverbs 3:5 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding”.

I was at a ladies retreat in Kenora, ON and was supposed to be speaking Sunday morning during the morning service. Just before I crawled into bed Saturday night I thought I would read through my notes again before I went to sleep. However I could not find my notes, nor could I remember where I had put them. I looked in all of the spots they could be in the motel room and then tried to mentally re-treace my steps to when I last remembered having them. While I was searching the room (...and my mind) I was also praying; “Lord, please help me find those notes... SOON, or give me your words for the service tomorrow morning.” Like most individuals on the Saturday night of a ladies retreats, I was tired and spent from a busy day with the many great ladies I had a chance to meet with and minister to. I decided there was one spot those notes could be and I couldn't do anything about it at 11:00 at night so I might as well go to sleep and deal with it in the morning. I got up early, made a few adjustments to the start of my day and went looking in the only place I could think of where I put the notes. Praise The Lord! there they were in the purple folder where I had quickly put them the day before.  Note: big sigh of relief here!

I am so thankful the Lord is concerned about the big things, as well as the little things, in our lives. I learned Proverbs 3:5 many, many years ago and yesterday was another opportunity to put into practice what I had learned.

There is a point in time, during whatever the situation you find yourself in, that we need to conscieniously and intentionally decide to trust the Lord and put it into practice. We serve a trustworthy God and He can be trusted! Bless you today as you take your Heavenly Father's hand and trust Him with the day ahead of you.

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment