Friday, December 23, 2011

Celebrating in a nutshell

Re reading Jo-Ann's post below I have again been so encouraged and challenged. I am so blessed to have women of  God in my life who not only care for me personally, but are not afraid to speak truth into my life. My Mother is another such woman. Just yesterday she was sharing wisdom with me....encouragement with a touch of reality...idealism in vision with the truth of experience.

It's December 22 with much going on for all of us...and perhaps if you're not like me you have everything cooked, wrapped and ready;) I am discovering though that who I am with all of my disorganization and last minute changes is constantly being blessed as the busy moments of prep have become conversational grounds with those I love most. Even though I haven’t gotten everything prepared on time, I have made many treasured memories and have enjoyed the season through the reality of being grateful for the blessings I am so richly enjoying. Understanding that we go through seasons in life and with the Lord, its in these precious times that I know God is calling us as woman to not ever be content with staying in the moments of these times....but staying rooted in HIM.
I was just mentioning to someone today that in the midst of the love of this season I am feeling a quiet unrest.....perhaps the prodding of a new adventure with God. We never fully know what that means but when our hearts are rooted in Christ and The Word, it is always and only about Jesus. He does know what He's doing...especially when you don't see, hear or feel it. We don't most of the time understand until later.....but when we're rooted in Christ, even though our flesh might say "No, there’s no way Im doing that..." Christ in us steps into it.

 However and whomever you are spending Christmas with, I pray that His presence fills you with more revelation of Himself so you may know Him more. In the memories and laughter and joy may you also hear His voice speaking to your heart....as He is preparing you for yet, another life changing adventure.
Merry Christmas beautiful women!
Enjoy every moment, in HIM and for His glory may you step into God's fullness for this coming year*

With love,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment