Saturday, December 31, 2011

Life is an Adventure!

I must confess, I adore a good office supply store.  The shelves of neatly arranged paper, journals and writing instruments call out to me.  Whether by word or sketch I long to touch and savour the experience of pouring out my thoughts and hopes and dreams on them.  A fresh, white piece of paper offers me a new tablet on which to create.  Each week, I eagerly approach each new day: a Sunday for refreshing, a Monday with new zeal, a new month welcomes the turn of a calendar page, a new season: a change of scenery and yes, a new year a time to resolve.

I love how the new year comes after spending time intentionally pursuing Mary's pondering heart and how my Martha tendencies and lifetime enrollment in the School of Proverbs 6 creeps in, and  my perspective is renewed by my obedience.

Yes, I need to take better care of this bodily temple He has given me.  I need to feed my Spirit even more than any other thing and I need to dream bigger than I can dare so He has room to move; because, He IS a big God!  So, I want to encourage you to join me this year in a continued pursuit to believe and act on that which He is stirring up in you - boldly!  Confidently!  Intentionally!  Taking captive thoughts, choices and actions. 

If you don't know what your dream is - that's ok.  Walk in faith toward our God - He will deliver!  Avoid the discouragement and defeat of getting bogged down by circumstance and let's walk together.  May our choices include to react with hope rather than dread, peace rather than distress and prayer rather than agenda.  Let's resolve together to loosen our grip on the things that hold us back - believing that God WILL move a mountain and CAN be trusted with provision for all our needs.

Looking back, I can think of countless times in the past, when God has shown me mercy and His answers to my prayers have exceeded anything I could imagine because I was willing to embrace the adventure of living for Him - no holding back!

I pray this coming year you would discover again how wide and deep His love is as you walk along the way.  I pray you love Him with all your heart and soul and strength inspite of your situation, and in committing to His commands and sharing all you are and have, walk whatever path He puts you on while responding with love, joy and thanksgiving. 

Life is precious.  God is good.  His blessings await.

I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun!
from Isaiah 43


Happy new year beautiful women of God!
Press in and press on,
Giselle 

No comments:

Post a Comment