Thursday, December 15, 2011

Come, they told me...

Some of my favorite quiet times this month have been quietly basking in my living room, snuggled on the sofa amidst my twinkling Christmas lights.  The lights adorn our trees and even trim the valence on the window.  It all casts such a pretty glow.  With a sip of my favorite tea, a gentle peace settles in as I open the familiar pages of my Bible.

My mind rushes with memories, as I turn my thoughts to thanksgiving and prayer...this has been a challenging time: two of our sons have moved away to study/work and pursue their sport dreams.  Two are still home and our daughter and son in law grew their family by another sweet blessing - a daughter!  I accepted part time work out of the home and we continue to homeschool.  So much to pray for, hope for and at times rearrange the dream in my heart for.  So much to trust for!  Praises ring and sometimes tears slip as I pour out my heart to the One, Who already knows it all and feeds my spirit and renews my conviction.

As I dip in His Word, I'm in awe each day as He feeds me.  How great Thou art!  Then I dive - here and there, concordance in hand as He triggers this and that for me...  Today, my ears catch the familiar tune of The Drummer Boy playing softly in the background and I ponder its words...  Come, see the King... YES!  I DO, I DO!  What have I to give, what gift?  This morning, the children and I were reading in Chronicles about the building of the tabernacle, about David giving thanks to God for the gifts of the people to finance the building of it.  We talked about being faithful servants.  All we have - our possessions and giftings are from God.  Are there ways I could be more faithful?  They say, "it takes a village to raise a child" - indeed - we do need each other.  We need to do what we do...well - giving our best effort in this race of life!  Yet, we need to remember that we know the rest of this birth story - Jesus - our Savior paid the price for us. 

So too, whatever, wherever this Christmas finds us - let us share the story...Go, Tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere and invite others to come...come into relationship with Him, with you, with a community of believers who encourage the pursuit of holiness! 

But you have God-blessed eyes—eyes that see! And God-blessed ears—ears that hear! A lot of people, prophets and humble believers among them, would have given anything to see what you are seeing, to hear what you are hearing, but never had the chance.                                   Matthew 13:16&17 MSG

Who will you tell to come?  Merry Christmas everyone!
Press in, press on,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment