Monday, May 9, 2011

He will Deliver

Two years ago I was involved in a very serious car accident. A guy...on his cell phone...wasn't paying attention at a stop sign. My car was in the middle of crossing the intersection in front of him when he stepped on his gas. The front of his truck ended up inside the passengers seat and taking my car clear across the intersection. All my windows were smashed in and amazing I was only bleeding from a few glass shards....and even more that I was passenger less. It took him several tries to get his truck unattached from my car, and when he did it was realized that my car would inevitably be written off. It was a bad time, I was newly debt free, launching my design company and still had several more years left on my Toyota. I admit I was upset, the man was so sorry and I was more than grateful that everyone involved was fine....but I was so overwhelmed at the thought of having something important taken away when it wasn't even my fault!!
Going back to scripture I continued to read through Proverbs. Proverbs 20. 22 says, "Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you."
I prayed about my situation and during the journey with Autopac and thoughts of finding a new vehicle I experienced the Lord continuing to walk with me. The more I immersed myself in the Word the more I found I was walking in His Grace and His Peace.  I think its really when your in those "non life threatening, just super inconvenient that’s not your fault times" that there is such opportunity to walk in the maturity and grace of Christ. Knowing myself...I am more of a reactionist than anything close to calm....walking in His peace was definitely only by His grace.

He knows what He’s doing. I ended up receiving $5000.00 for my car from MPI.....I had to wait for a while but God was looking out for me, I got a great new Toyota...5 year upgrade, nicer interior and exterior, tons of extras that I never had before for $5100.00.....I  am still driving this provision vehicle. I had no idea during the entire process...which last about 6 months...that I would be blessed with such a blessing....we don't always see the end result when things happen. When we are transformed by His truth we see things from His perspective. Our hearts are aligned with His will. No matter what has happened or has been taken away, when we trust Him and walk out His Word through His grace, we see Him deliver.....and its always better than we had first thought*

Continue to live out His truth today beautiful friends!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment