Monday, May 23, 2011

Waiting...

Waiting, waiting... I don't know about you but waiting is hard to do because, well... you have to wait. Waiting causes us to have patience. And often waiting is even more challenging when we lack knowledge or understanding, or the reason why. Waiting means someone else is involved and often we aren't privy to the reason why we have to wait... we just have to wait.

I find myself wondering if it's my selfishness, or anxiety, or impatience that doesn't want to wait? And if we could get some perspective and a glimpse at the big picture, would we find ourselves as frustrated with the waiting?

I have found that often waiting builds character, and patience, and sometimes it even broadens my perspective.

If we could only see, if even for a moment, through God's eyes what He sees, wouldn't that change our perspective on so many things around us?

Consider a parent/child relationship. The child doesn't have enough life experience to fully and completely understand the ramifications of the situation. Parents have perspective and understanding the child just doesn't have.

So it is with God and us – His children. Simply put... we're not God. We can't see the world at a glance nor do we understand God's perspective. Which means sometimes we need to wait because God's hand is at work and we don't see the whole picture.

So Lord, help me to wait for the things I feel are important and well I'm waiting, help me to be patient. Please give me a bigger perspective on the situation(s) and continue to build character in me. Amen.

Jo-Ann

Ps. 40:1-3 says, “I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment