Monday, May 2, 2011

Unmovable in Christ

From the windows of my home I have always been able to see and live close to these amazing trees. They're about 5 stories high and have been there since before my father was born. As a child I remember swinging on tire swings and enjoying the cool shade that they offered. They seemed completely unmovable and served as almost a monument in the area. About 3 years ago we experienced tornado like weather that lasted through the night. When everyone awoke the next morning we were saddened to find buildings destroyed, vehicles damaged.......and 5 of the large unmovable trees uprooted....and broken apart like sticks. Thank God no one was hurt. The lesson was stunningly real, the things that appear the most unmovable can very easily be brought down.
John 15 speaks of this so clearly regarding remaining unmovable in Christ...”remain in me and I will remain in you, no branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine...apart from me you can do nothing....love one another as I have loved you.....you did not chose me, but I chose you.”

Its easy in day to day life to push the most important thing aside....spending time with Jesus....protecting and growing daily in our walk with Him is essential. No matter how strong in your faith you have been in the past or how strong you feel today we can still be easily uprooted and taken down by things in our everyday life. In growing as a woman of influence I encourage you...the days where you feel tempted to step away from the Word or to not spend time in prayer for whatever reason, choose not to!
A close friend of mine whose faith (in my opinion) is unmovable once said this to me....." I am not a rock Mary, I bend and I wither and grow new life again....I am praying that I am like a tree with deep and nourished roots...that way when the storms of life come the bendable vulnerability in me remains and the deeps roots keep me from being torn apart by the slightest storm."
This is a desire of my heart...to be a real woman whose living life with its war and peace filled moments allowing myself to be bendable and vulnerable.......and yet to also have roots so deep in Christ that no matter what is happening around me.... even slowly in my day to day that I would remain unmovable because of HIM.

"Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that WHEN the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes with the shoes of the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, which is the WORD OF GOD. And pray in the spirit on all occasions, with kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Eph. 6 10-18

Friend I am praying for you as you’re on your daily journey with Him, I pray He would continue daily to give you more wisdom and revelation of Himself, that you may know Him more*

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment