Monday, June 27, 2011

Be Still

As school is winding down and summer is winding up I am once again reminded of a simple yet profound verse from the Bible. Ps. 46:10 says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Personally, life's been pretty busy on a few too many levels the past number of weeks and I am challenged with this verse. It's difficult to for me to feel “still” in the midst of such busyness. I am in the process of intentionally making some adjustments so I can slow down, realign, readjust and get some perspective. Sometimes life happens at a hectic pace and we need to deliberately stop and put a few things in order in the midst of the chaos around us.

When we can stop and take some time to be still, then we can hear the whisper of His voice -- Be Still . . ., that is when we can be reminded that -- He is God . . . God and only God will be exalted among the nations and in the earth!

Everything needs to fall under and be realigned with these statements. All of the anxiety, all of the commotion, all of the uncertainty . . . Because He is God and He will be exalted among the nations!

I hope and pray you intentionally set aside time to reflect and savour this verse.

Enjoy the coming weeks!

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment