Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hi speed connection

As much as I love my cell phone... which I have come to depend on for both work and general use, its now appearing to show signs of severe use. I am not receiving texts or voicemails....however apparently I am sending already sent texts and calling people without touching my phone (and its a flip phone too)....lol.... I so deeply apologize if you were the one my phone "called" at 3 am this week. I need an upgrade!
As my frustration the last little while has been building, I still had yet to go down and replace my slowly dying, but essential communication device.
In my own prayer life, I know sometimes, alot of times it feels like that. Like my communication went all crazy and what I was praying about for a certain person didn't happen, but it happened for someone who I wasn't even praying for. In my own life, I can think of times where I was asking God for a specific thing, only to hear from several others around me that they were walking in what I was I was praying for...while I still sat praying....and sometimes eventually I would end up giving up.
God hears our prayers, all of them....but the more I studied the Word the more I found that repentance and obedience are very important to God. In obedience, the Word tells me to pray. When I am praying in accordance with God's will...through praying scripture, asking God to align my heart with His will and to give me the grace to walk through His answer....I see a change in my communication. In repentance we acknowledge how much we need God. Its not about me...or earning my way to God...its not about how "I" do prayer, its about how God designed prayer to be and applying that into my everyday life. Without HIM nothing will change or be brought to life, and Hes given us the instructions on how to walk in it best.
Psalm 44.3 says: “It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm and the light of your face, for you LOVED them.

He LOVES us so much....He loves us so much that He intentionally created a way for prayer to connect us to HIM. Its like when you’re with a special person in your life and you want to connect with them in a way that they receive it best.
When our hearts are submitted to Him in repentance and obedience we can and do receive the grace to walk through the answer that He has given. This does not mean that our prayer will have the answer that we were originally hoping for, but the beauty of praying in accordance with God's will is our hearts, my heart is changed in the process. He receives all the glory and we....have a greater understanding of who He is and walk in His fullness. When the connection is right it transforms nations (because its not about anything we can produce)!! I encourage you today, God calls us to live active prayer lives...drawing us to know HIM more. He will show you how to upgrade your communication......unlike your cell service provider, (or my cell phone generally) you won't get God's "voicemail."

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment