Friday, June 3, 2011

A lover of the simple way

It is no secret that I am a huge believer and lover of "simple things." In fact there is a quote hanging over my bed that says "A great life isn't about great huge things, its about simple things that make a huge difference." In my work as a Decorator I see it so often in the form of updates, renovations and weekend projects. Sometimes all you need is to put a fresh coat of paint on, or instead of replacing your kitchen cabinetry, just replacing the handles. Replace your regular lighting switch with a dimmer (makes a HUGE difference for about $12.00).
Jesus is so beautiful in showing us the way. The simple details of life are important to Him. Its not just the huge, massive issues or world problems...He CARES about the simple day to day things in our lives. In this I find myself more and more drawn to Him and His heart. I can not help but be moved as He touches my small world and brings life, hope, wisdom ......not to mention every other day helps me find my car keys..lol.
Spending time everyday with Him is essential for our roots to remain strong and nourished. As we continue to see Him move and work in the simple things within our own lives...how much more that we would also be aware of the simple ways we can love and support those around us. Less is truly more in this area of life...we don't need the huge grand gesture...we just need someone to smile, a simple word or two of encouragement, a handwritten note....supporting each other in the small and more simpler of life’s experiences not only creates trust, but is living out more of Christ's character, through His power*

Blessings on your weekend!

For those of you who will be at our You Matter weekend in Thompson MB., we are so excited to connect with each one of you this weekend!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment