Sunday, July 31, 2011

Arise in Christ

After another gorgeous day I am enjoying the evening cool breeze:)  I sincerely hope each one of you is enjoying your long weekend. As I was enjoying the peace and sun on my parent's deck this morning I was reminded again of how each moment in our lives counts. Each moment we connect with Jesus changes our hearts to desire His heart...and prepares us for the little and big moments that come up in our future....most of which we can not prepare for beforehand.
Recently I have started reading through the book of Nehemiah. Its been a while since I read it and again I am so deeply challenged and encouraged as I read about a man God calls to do things He could not do on his own, but He rises to the occasion. Nehemiah was ready. He was ready before God called him to be. He faces opposition in every way, yet he keeps going...He KNOWS WHO HE IS IN CHRIST and trusts God to bring about the results for what he has been called to do. No questions asked.
At the beginning of chapter two we see him praying with a heart of repentance and asking God boldly for favour with the request he needs to make to a King he has never met. God gives favour and in the moment instead of freaking out..Nehemiah boldly makes his request known to the King. As a result the favour of the King rests on him and Nehemiah is on his way to walk in the call that God has given him. The journey is such a hard one...at the end of chapter two we already see the opposition that he faces. He does get discouraged...but he continues to ask God for strength.
In my own life hearing Nehemiah’s heart and words and seeing the action he takes challenges me to rise to the little and big things in my life that God has called me to do. Whether I feel like I’m capable or not, God is responsible for the result....I need to keep staying close to Him and walk in the changes He makes in my heart.
I would love to share all the incredible details of Nehemiah’s journey....however, I encourage you to reread it for yourself. Its God's Word, alive and well, it will transform your heart and mind to know God more and be confident in Him and EVERY thing He is calling you to*

"...I was fasting and praying before the God of Heaven. I said, "I beseech You, Oh Lord God of Heaven, the great and awesome God, who preserves the covenant and loving-kindness for those who love Him and keep His commandments, let Your ear now be attentive and Your eyes open to hear the prayer of Your servant which I am praying before You now ..." Nehemiah 1.4-6

"....I answered them and said to them" The God of Heaven will give us success; therefore we His servants will arise and build..." Nehemiah 2.20

God's favour my friends,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment