Sunday, July 3, 2011

A moment reflection

This weekend has been incredibly busy...as I'm sure this beautiful long weekend has been for you!! Yesterday I was attending a very special wedding, friends of my parents were celebrating God's blessing in bringing them together. My parent's were their attendants and my Dad was the MC. Its was such a fun day, celebrating God's design for marriage!! As I enjoyed taking it all in I was so blessed by the example of the marriage of my parent's (who will be celebrating 33 years of godly marriage this summer) and these two newlyweds who even though they are in mid life, have honoured God in their relationship and going into marriage. Its a rare, rare find, and one that influenced not only the people at the wedding, but co-workers, neighbours, friends and the younger generation of people who are longing for a godly example in living out how the Word calls us to live as people in love.

I encourage you today, people are watching.....our daily time with Jesus continues to cultivate a soft heart for The Word of God to take root. God's heart becomes our heart and desire in how we live our lives. As we continue to immerse ourselves in Christ, we understand how to live out His truth, as our heart's desire becomes aligned with His*
Mary
“....God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.” Rom. 5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment