Monday, July 25, 2011

Putting It Into Practice

I've had the opportunity to be at our church family camps this summer with some amazing speakers. God has stirred and challenged me, as well as I've felt the conviction of the Holy Spirit. It's great to be part of camp meetings and hear the word of God preached with conviction, however one of the things I am most challenged with is putting into practice what I have heard. God can speak to me, challenge me and put His finger on the areas in my life I haven't yielded to Him, but if I don't intentionally put into practice what I've heard then I find myself wondering what are the long term benefits to camp services?  Where is the fruit in my life which shows I am living what I've learned? Hearing someone preach a good sermon doesn't change my thought life or how I interact with others; daily living out the challenges and convictions of God's truths in my every day circumstances is where the fruit really shows up.

My challenge for the coming weeks and months is remembering what I've heard (and the older I get the more challenging that is! lol), taking the opportunities to put into practice what I've heard and living a life which represents Jesus well.

Living a Godly life is not an option, it's a requirement.

Mt. 28:19-20a says, “Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you.”

Lk. 12:30-31 says, “And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind and all your strength. The second is equally important: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.'”

Lord, help me to put into practice the truths I've heard and been reminded of these past few weeks.

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment