Monday, July 18, 2011

Thankful

I have just finished reading a book called “One Thousand Gifts” by Canadian author Ann Voskamp. I highly recommend this book! It stirred me and challenged me on such a deep level.  [You can follow her daily blog at www.aholyexperience.com.]

She was challenged by a friend to make a list of one thousand things she was thankful for. In doing so it changed and shifted her view of what was around her. This book is about the shifting which took place.

I've begun my own list of things I'm thankful for – watching the clouds float by, the water lapping at the shore, the rustle of poplar leaves... I'm not sure how long it will take to make my list but I've been challenged to shift my way of thinking to a more thankful way of seeing the world around me. And even finding the thankful in the difficult and challenging situations too. Would you like to begin a “thankful list” this summer? All it takes is eyes to see and a pen and paper to keep track of the list.

Col. 3:15b says, “And be thankful.”

Bless you as you begin your journey of thankfulness.

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment