Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Challenge of Change


One of the views from our Maui space overlooks the garden area. From our view you can see banana and orange trees, some which have fruit on them. The pruning, and watering from the hard working gardeners, who are constantly tending these beautiful plants and trees, has showed pay off. As we have been here I have seen the growth in this tropical garden. The bananas and oranges are getting closer to being ready but its taken time, constant care and change....they certainly are not the size they were when we arrived.

Its been amazing to see how there is such peace in the midst of all the growth and change happening. Seeing this has challenged me in my own walk with Christ, as I have realized more how I am afraid of God's growth in my life....I am worried that its going change everything in my life and that its going to be painful, brutally hard and awful. When I read about people's personal testimonies I cannot help but feel fearful...thanking God that I did not have to walk the painfully hard journey some one else has had to do.

Why is it that when we read the Word so many of us don't ask God for help to follow His Word.....a lot of the time we believers don't even read it....why? I think a lot of the reasons are found in the above comments.

Here's the deal though..... Nothing moves without change.
Nothing moves.
Nothing moves without God causing it to move.

When I read and study the Word, I see people lives being constantly changed, shaped and moved as His power is changing the World.

Perhaps God has something for you in your life, it will require everything we have talked about, but if you don't ask God to help you trust Him, immerse yourself in His Word and get ready to jump....how are things going to pan out?

I'm turning 30 this year...honestly, I'm excited, I'm not even close to the person I was at 20, and that, is a good thing.

Isaiah 26.3 says: " You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts you."

The truth of God's Word is that some people will grow in their life walk with Christ.....trusting Him at His Word... even though they will experience change, painful challenges and even seasons that will humble them. They trust Him that amidst the change - HE IS PEACE.

Sadly, some people do not.....and wow, what life they miss out on.

Ask God to help you wherever in this you are at. He will give you HIS PEACE amidst the change. I am asking Him for that in my own life right now too*

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment