Tuesday, February 14, 2012

He Restores My Soul: Hawaii


Anloka

Aloha ladies! I am writing this post to you from the beauty of Maui, Hawaii. I never expected to be here mind you, my travels have always taken me far away from resorts and valet parking. Usually I'm backpacking through some remote location, hanging out with local families and getting to know the sometimes sketchy bus service very well. Here though there is such peace of mind and rest. Already after only fifteen hours of being here my heart feels at peace. I have realized that sometimes whether we're at home, away on vacation or on a missions trip we get so focused on DOING DOING DOING. Taking time every day in the presence of the Father will overflow into the fabric of our everyday life and change the quality of it.

Yes, there is a huge difference between Maui and Winnipeg, but there is no difference when it comes to the peace and presence of the Father. You can be wherever, His presence will immerse you, ask Him today. Carve out time in your life to connect with Jesus, make it a priority. Ask Him to help you do that. Sometimes I forget how much His presence is beside everything else - a spa for my heart and my life. His Word so beautifully says it: "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He RESTORES my soul." Psalm 23.1-3

I know that He takes us spiritually to that place, but He also takes us physically. However that looks for you in your life, take your vacations, days off....take them and rest, soak in the restoration of peace and especially the presence of Christ. Here in Maui, I am surrounded by stunning lush mountains, turquoise waters and flowers of all colors and shapes.....not to mention the amazing, amazing people here. ALL of this from the Creator. Instead of worshipping the awe of the creation, how incredible that we are able to be connected to the Creator, the one who loves you and longs to cover you in His presence and fill your heart with His beauty and rest.

Dear friends, I think and pray for the peace and rest that fills my heart here would fill yours, wherever in the world you find yourself.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment