Friday, February 17, 2012

Steadier


Revelation 21:6 says “And He said to me. “It is done! I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be my son.” (daughter) NKJV

In my Christian walk, I am learning that my walk needs to be steadier – not slowing down – not rushing ahead – not wavering – just steady. But as the scriptures say, “In this world I will have trouble..." John 16:33. The Lord has been showing me that whatever happens in life, I need to hold tight to my Saviour’s strong right arm. Psalms 89:13 says, “Your arm is mighty. Your hand is strong. Your right hand is lifted high.” GW

Perseverance in my Christian life is very important. Life as a minister’s wife can be very interesting. Instead of being a “church member” and part of a congregation, now I’m at the other end, where people are looking at me, standing beside my husband – shepherding a congregation. The trials that come my way, I have to see through the eyes of Jesus. They are not necessarily against me as a person, but against the spirit that dwells in me. I treasure the covering of my Lord and Saviour over our family.

We are all being watched by someone. That someone is definitely our children. It could be a neighbour, a grocery clerk, etc. and we will never know all the people who were watching us till we get to heaven.

As a church body we need to be encouraging each other on – “you can do it” – “keep going”, “never give up”. The church body is like a team and Holy Spirit is our coach. He gives us the power to continue on; Jesus is at the right hand of the Father cheering us on and God looks at us with love because He sees us through Jesus.

I have also found in my walk that if I spend time with a friend or encourage someone, my trials become smaller. I love the verse in Hebrews 12:2 “Keeping our (my) eyes on Jesus – the author and finisher of our (my) faith.” NKJV.

Last spring our church ladies put on a Free Clothing Day. Our church foyer and basement became stocked full of clothing and household items. I know that my community was blessed by this free day. I also know that everyone from our church family that was involved was blessed by this day too. We gave of our time, from our resources and for some it was a time of healing as they cleaned out closets that held memories of the past. It certainly was a miracle day.

I am convinced that the more we help, when we are in a time of trial and growth, the more our times of trial seem so small. We can so easily wallow in our own trials and become a recluse. I have been there. My choice is to keep my eyes on Jesus – He’s my author, He’s my example of an overcomer.

Hebrews 12:2 “We must focus on Jesus, the source and goal of our faith. He saw the joy ahead of him, so He endured death on the cross and ignored the disgrace it brought Him. Then He received the highest position in heaven, the one next to the throne of God.” GW

Be encouraged today – The King I serve will soon be returning and we need to be ready – laying aside every hindrance and distraction – I will keep reaching out to those around me. Will you?

Bruni
Bruni is a pastor's wife, mother to three and she is very involved in her local church.

No comments:

Post a Comment