Thursday, February 23, 2012

Life Changing!


Psalm 37:3-7 reads:
"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and He will do this:
He will make righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes."

We may be familiar with these verses, but it’s the *order* that really hit me one morning. We are restless... until we rest in the LORD. So, how do we refrain from restlessness? Look at verse 3...

Trust. Well, it’s easy to trust Him ~most~ of the time.... When I begin to realize that I cannot do it on my own, and put my trust back where it belongs – in an all knowing, loving, powerful, compassionate Father, who always knows what’s best for us, it becomes easier. What’s next?

Delight. To me this is incorporated in praise, prayer and worship. OK, I can do that. Next?

Commit. I need to commit my heart to storing up heavenly treasure and commit to making Jesus the centre of my life. This includes walking in the Spirit as I am led. I need to intentionally commit to allow the fruits of the Spirit to shine brightly in my life – that includes committing to service – in the face of persecution, hardship and trials (read time restraints). If I can’t find time for God – my priorities must be out of whack.

Be still. Rest. When we trust in the LORD, we can find rest because He is our refuge always. So, what do our Sundays look like? Do they reflect rest?

Let’s look forward to what God has for us... beginning with the promises given in Psalm 37.

Press in and press on,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment