Sunday, March 13, 2011

Genuine Influence

Lately I found myself spending time with someone who has without realizing it...strongly influenced my life. I haven't known them very long, but already I can see in myself wanting to become more like them. It’s not anything super big, it’s how they live their every day. Deeply and genuinely connected and growing in Christ, respecting the lives of those around them and making a conscious effort to speak positively into those they come into contact with. Whether its a family member or a store clerk, the approach is the same.
In knowing that we are women of influence, I find myself often reflecting on "how my influence is affecting the lives of those around me."
This friend has shown me through their own life how when we guard our hearts and grow in Christ daily ourselves that is the only way we can have a lasting and real influence on the lives of those around us. Its true I have known this almost my whole life, but when someone demonstrates it and doesn’t even realize they are....that’s just a beautiful living proof of God's transforming power...and influence on someone’s heart and life. I pray today that you would also see this in the people you're spending time with...and you yourself would be influenced to be more like Christ*

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." Romans 12.2

"...for you, continue in what you have learned.....because you know those from whom you have learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that we maybe thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3. 14-17

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment