Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How well do you know Him?

Lent brings back a flood of memories for me...40 days of focus on HIM.  You know who I mean, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  While many then and now focus on taking away something in their lives, like coffee, soda or chocolate;  I prefer to *add* to my life, walking in the abundance He has so graciously granted me.  This has become more meaningful to me than "giving something up in the name of Lenten tradition".  I loved it when someone suggested to me to see what I could grow or nurture during this time frame - what could use my attention, I would ask myself?  Forty days of focus.

So it began, a dedication to an even deeper pursuit of God - up close and personal.  Forty days of committed, relentless pursuit.  Fanciful and free in His presence.  I want to walk victoriously through this life with the proper perspective on my desires.  Each year, I have had the privilege of looking deeply into different relationships I have, roles that I play and character I seek to deepen - all chasing God's heart, His desire for it's fulfillment.  To do this, I need to know, really understand my God, Source of my ability to nurture myself and others. 

Do you know His favorite things?  How about the things that give Him joy or sorrow?  What aroma pleases Him?  Do you know what He wants from you?  What is He speaking into your life right now?  Slow down, really listen.

My days are so much richer when they are filled with love, joy, peace and fulfillment with time well spent.  What are His thoughts on this?  His design?  Applying this pursuit has made my life richer, fuller, brought contentment.  YES! Contentment in the pursuit of something - crazy, isn't it, that pusuit would bring contentment.  But God... (two very powerful words)

... but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
Daniel 11:32

Would you join me this Lenten season and dig a little deeper into His Word and Person, so that when Resurrection Day comes, you will really know this Man and His Father and His Spirit and His will for you so that we can joyfully proclaim, He has risen indeed!  Moreover, we will have an even deeper, richer relationship with our Creator evidenced in our lives, the only Bible some will ever read.

Living wholeheartedly,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment