Saturday, March 26, 2011

Recieving the right answer

This week during my travels I have been searching for an answer. I have been praying, and many other things to avail myself completely to hear God's voice even more.

1 John 3. 21-22 says: "....we have confidence before God and receive from Him anything we ask, because we obey His commands and do what pleases Him."

For many years I thought "Hey, if I just try to stay squeaky clean and as perfect and I can, God will answer all my prayers exactly how I want them to be answered"!!!
Thank God for giving us the ability to grow in Him! To understand exactly what He is saying and what His truth really means.
Daily I am learning and relearning that I am not enough, perfect enough or good ever. Only by the resurrecting power of Jesus Christ can anything come to be. Amen. Only through that I gain true understanding of His Word and so I can live accordingly through it. Right alongside this......so much of my life I view things a certain way, a way that I want them to be viewed. I find myself praying this way also.
It can be easily confused when we say “if we just obey the Word as close as we can and spend more time praying God will answer my prayer the I want it answered......”

There’s a direct connection between obedience and getting your prayers answered. Don't keep telling God what you want, without asking Him what he wants.

Only when we truly give our cry and heart to God and say "Whatever you want for this situation, make my heart aligned with it. Whatever your answer is I want to want that also. Here is what I am asking you for......but make my heart at peace with your desire.” That is when we experience God's amazing peace and strength to face what’s ahead...even if the decision is not what you had hoped it would be.

He really knows best. Remember, God sees the bigger picture. Right now in my life, I am learning this SO VIVIDLY. Today whatever you're praying and believing Him for, I stand with you. It is my prayer for you that God's desire and direction would be at the forefront of your prayer and through that you will have His perfect peace....He always gives an answer, even if it feels like the wrong one, trust Him...He really knows what He's doing*

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment