Monday, April 2, 2012

Believing God


I have found many women, churched and non-churched, who wrestle with trying to find their value as a woman and as a daughter of the King. I truly believe my value as an individual, our value as women, can only be found in Jesus. Gen. 1:27 says we were created in God's image and I believe the only way we will feel truly valued and treasured will be if we measure ourselves against God's standards. As God's creation we bear the image of God as one of His creations. I find that freeing, but also difficult to understand. I, like many of you, don't want to compare myself to the magazine covers or those I see on TV with the proper lighting and perfectly, airbrushed makeup. I want to be free, content and settled to be the woman God created me to be, but sometimes I'm just not sure who that woman is. If you're like me do you want to commit yourselves to figuring that out in the coming days and weeks ahead? Will you intentionally read your bible with fresh eyes for God's truth about what He thinks about you?

Can you make the shift from believing in God to believing God?

We are valued, treasured and created in God's sight so we can confidently share with others how much they matter to God and how much they matter to us.

God's truths:
You Are Valuable
"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ." Eph. 3:17b-18

You Are Treasured 

"You have been set apart as holy to the Lord your God, and he has chosen you from all the nations of the earth to be his own special treasure." Deut. 14:2 (NLT)

You Matter 

"I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." Is. 49:15b-16a

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment