Friday, April 13, 2012

Perspective


I have found that perspective can be a very subjective thing – but should it be?

I’ve been “laid off” and out of work for the past three months now and every day seems to be a struggle to find “the mind of God” and keep my focus on the positive. It would be easy to wallow in righteous anger and self pity and, believe me, I have done my fair share!!

Last week my morning devotions took me to Isaiah 40. WOW! Talk about perspective. God sits in the heavens and looks down at creation. He is in control and His truth is not subject to change!

Don’t you know? Haven’t you heard? Haven’t you been told from the beginning?” (vs.21) And I find myself ashamed for my lack of faith.

For me, at least, tough times tend to show me just how much I need to grow in my faith and trust the God who promised to care for me and prosper me. Once again God assures me that He is in control and I am very much on His mind.

The eternal God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, doesn’t grow tired or become weary. His understanding is beyond reach. He gives strength to those who grow tired and increases the strength of those who are weak” (vs.28,29)

Maybe you are struggling with perspective in the middle of some circumstance today. No matter what you are dealing with the truth of God will never change or waver. He has a plan for you and it is a good plan!

The Lord is waiting to be kind to you. He rises to have compassion on you. The Lord is a God of Justice. Blessed are all those who wait for Him.” (Isaiah 30:18)

Let’s be intentional in adjusting our perspective so that it aligns with the eternal and unchanging will of God toward us.

Linda
Linda is a mother to two adult children and she daily walks out her faith in the real, everyday circumstances of life. She is a godly woman who continues to grow and mature in her walk with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment