Thursday, April 12, 2012

Love Letters


I keep a very plain box tucked away that holds some “things” very precious to my heart...love letters. Notes back and forth from my beloved and I. I have other precious containers too, that hold treasure troves of letters and notes. One is heart shaped and tucked inside are words of encouragement, thankfulness and wisdom to cheer me on. It is from a very special group of friends we had moved miles away from. I remember the day it arrived. I remember eagerly unwrapping the shipping box, and discovering to my delight, that my friends and their children had taken the time and made the effort to combat my loneliness and bless me. I have gently unwound and rewound the closure many times since receiving it – each time drawing more strength from the words it contains.

In the Bible, Paul describes Christians as living letters known and read by everybody; not written with ink but with the Spirit of God on human hearts.

You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men;
clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us,
written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God,
not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh,
that is, of the heart.
2 Corinthians 2:2-3

Whom are you receiving your letters from? To whom are you writing? God has blessed me with so many letters. Beautiful creations arriving just on time. Sometimes for just a short while, others come in and out my whole life through. Still others that were difficult to open and digest, but stretched me in ways God knew I needed.

Fact is, you and I are both letters from Him too. We have been sent here with a message and others see Him in our actions. Will others be hungry to read the news we share or toss us aside like junk mail? How can we exhibit being a love letter that inspires others to move closer to Christ? Will you purpose to be that today?

Press in and press on,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment