Friday, April 27, 2012

For Me


Colossians 2:14 (The Message)  "All sins forgiven, the slate wiped clean, that old arrest warrant canceled and nailed to Christ's cross."

When you were stuck in your old sin-dead life, you were incapable of responding to God. God brought you alive—right along with Christ! Think of it! All sins forgiven, the slate wiped clean, that old arrest warrant cancelled and nailed to Christ's cross.

Denise is a lady I have provided pastoral care for over the past 5 years. One day we were discussing her relationship with God and she used a phrase “I just go to the cross .” If she needs healing, if she needs financial help, when she is looking for guidance, in other words whatever her need she will “go to the cross.”

I have pondered this and pictured myself looking at the cross.

Where can I go
But to the cross to the cross
For there my shame
You have washed away

Where can I go
But to the cross to the cross
For there You gave
Up Your life for me
You gave Your life for me

You stretched Your arms out wide
I lift my hands up high to my Savior
You stretched Your arms out wide
I lift my hands up high to my Savior

So Lord I run
To the cross to the cross
Surrender all to my Savior King
Be my everything

Chains are broken
Shame has fallen
All my sins are gone

Why am I there?

"It was down at the cross where my Savior died,
Down where for cleansing from sin I cried
There to my heart was the blood applied
Glory to His name"

I would go to the cross to rejoice in my salvation.

"At the cross, at the cross,
where I first saw the light and
the burden of my heart rolled away.
It was there by faith
I received my sight and
now I am happy all the day!"

I go to the cross to linger in its shadows.

"Near the cross! O Lamb of God
Bring its scenes before me
Help me walk from day to day
with its shadows over me."

He was nailed to the cross for me!

Marietta
Marietta is a wife, mother, grandmother and a godly woman. She works on staff at her church and is involved with pastoral care.

No comments:

Post a Comment