Monday, April 9, 2012

Follow-Through


I don't know if you've ever been a pitcher in baseball or swung a golf club, but I understand follow-through is a very important part if one is to be consistent and accurate.

Now I don't know about you but sometimes my intentions are good, but my follow-through is rather poor.

I was recently listening to a preacher preach and on many levels I was stirred. The location, the people, the message to name a few. Later in the day I shared a bit of what was stirring in my heart and told my husband I was going to do these certain things. If I could have walked out of the building and put my stirred emotions to good use I wouldn't be sitting here today trying to remember how I felt in the moment, as well as wondering if I should still follow-through with those thoughts. I need to remember some of those thoughts and ideas (which I believe were God-planted) are not to be forgotten and this somewhat failing memory of mine needs to find a way to remind myself to follow-through. A note on the calendar, and piece of paper on the counter a whispered word to someone else...

Sometimes God has planted wonderful thoughts and ideas in our heads and then we get home, we get busy and become forgetful, or perhaps loose the passion of the moment. But those ideas, which were God's ideas, never become a reality because we didn't follow-through.

Has God been speaking to you lately? Does He want you to step out and do something with those God-given plans and ideas?

Ps. 33:10-11 says, "The LORD foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."

Jo-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment